Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Classifieds. This time from the Church!

These are actual classified ads released by a few churches from around the world. Note, there is no offence intended on any religion or characters. I am no Tamil Nadu C.M to be barbaric enough to cast aspersions on any religious sentiments.

Just laugh at the gaffes. Over to the church classifieds!

"Open seven days a week and weekends."

"This afternoon there will be a meeting in the South and North ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends”.

"For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs”.

"Tuesday at 4:00 PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early”.

"Wednesday the ladies liturgy will meet. Mrs. Johnson will sing "Put me in my little bed" accompanied by the pastor”.

"This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the alter”.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sir, wat do u think abt vodafone s new ad..the one with two bees (i think) on having only 1 day to live but enjoyin themselves. As u said nike made a mistake by makin the ad which shows ppl playin cricket on the street, is vodafone (new to india n all that) makin the same mistake or is it ok cos its a service provider? wud appreciate a reply. Thanks.

SatheeshKrishnamurthy said...

Hey FMG!!!said...

I haven't seen the ad that you had mentioned. Will see it and write about it. But tell me, what do you make out of the ad?

Anonymous said...

hi sir, thanks fr the reply. i really liked the ad. felt it was creating the "mood of the brand". it was a well made ad, dunno if it wud work fr a newcomer tho as not many knw wat vodafone exactly is. but service providers cant really showcase alot of things except network connectivity.so somethin out of the box.

Anonymous said...

I am no professional marketer to comment on an ad...but yea recollect the ad you're talking about..I didn't know that was a Vodafone ad until I actually saw the brand name(which I doubt makes for a good ad.) and number two I don't still get the connection between enjoying life, a day, two bees.and a telephone network,considering a cellular network is for life.!!!I repeat these are just my views and may be I am missing something, and Sir may be able to tell me where I am wrong..Let's wait till Sir comes out with his version...: Waiting for it Sir!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Sir, have you seen the latest Scooty Pep advertisement(the one that involves Trisha and her friends going for a photographic show and someone on the street telling her her mobile camera won't work and she winning it because there was soul in her photographs...)..Would want your take on that ad too...because to me, it looked a little off track and off focus